New Information (updated as needed)
The Rowlett Chamber is staying closely connected with the City of Rowlett, Dallas County and many other sources and will update this page with new and relevant resources as they become available. If you have information that you would like to share with the Rowlett business community regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), please email us.
Governor Abbott Opens Bars (Oct 8, 2020)
Governor Abbott Loosens Some Restrictions (Sep 17, 2020)
ROBUST Grant Round 3 (application period is closed)
Economic Outlook and Policy Update from the US Chamber (presentations below)
Potential Taxation of CARES Act Funds
- North Texas Commission Presentation
- Taxation of Virus Relief 7-21-20 (Bloomberg Version)
- Coronavirus Relief Funds Supplement - Carrington Coleman
Small business marketing and operational tips during COVID-19
Really good article from Yelp with tips and advice on things you can do to keep your business going including creating revenue sources, keeping your online presence up-to-date, virtual interactions and more.
Texas COVID-19 Data Resource
Texas 2036 data tracking dashboard
State-by-State Business Reopening Guidance
U.S. Chamber of Commerce interactive map with state-specific information to help business owners distill and navigate different state-based public health guidelines.
Zoom Presentation Recordings
- CARES Act Presentation: Kris Denzel, US Chamber of Commerce, April 3, 2020
- Business Checkup: Mental health discussion with Mary Ellen Hinkle, LPC from the Counseling Institute of Texas, April 9, 2020
- Five Rules of Succeeding in Chaos: Steve Taubman, April 23, 2020
- Brand Building and Winning in a Post COVID-19 World: Aaron Spatz, CEO & Founder of Bold Media and Waypoint Technologies, April 29, 2020
- Creating a Winning Facebook Advertising Campaign: Adrian Hummel, April 30, 2020
- PPP Forgiveness Webinar Presentation Slides
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Economy Presentation for Regional Economic Update
Financial Resources & Information
Small Business Association
- SBA Loan Presentation
- SBA Loan Application
- Handout: SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Small Business Administration Update
Economic Impact Disaster Loan
- Three Step Process
- Presentation on how to apply for the EIDL
- Emergency EIDL Brochure for Nonprofits
- Apply for Loans
DFW Woman Business Center LiftFund
Another potential funding source for woman owned businesses.
Coronavirus Small Business Guide
A great resource that provides information about the CARES Act, SBA Loans and more.
Summary of the CARES Act
A summary of the CARES Act provided by the City of Rowlett Economic Development Department
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
For businesses that find themselves in this situation, our agency is offering assistance in the form of short-term payment agreements and, in most instances, waivers of penalties and interest.
Texas Downtown Association
Funding and other resources.
Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits.
Internal Revenue Service
Tax relief information from the IRS.
Texas Woman's University Grant
A grant program provided by TWU for woman owned businesses.
US Chamber Grants (limited to economically disadvantaged areas)
- FAQ from US Treasury & SBA
- A top-line overview of the program
- If you’re a lender, click here
- If you’re a borrower, click here
- Application for borrowers
US Federal Reserve: Main Street Lending Program Press Release
ROBUST Grant (added 4/14/20)
Rowlett Ready, City of Rowlett and Rowlett Chamber Grant program for small businesses in Rowlett.
National Small Business Town Hall (added 4/16/20)
With the PPP's $349 billion fund now out of money, concerns about delayed payments and scams being perpetrated on small business owners, there's much to learn this week. We'll cover the impending second stimulus bill and the latest action from Washington as well as hear from legal, financial and other economic experts to help you lay out the processes to follow to make the most of the resources at hand, and give you the insight you need to plan your next move.
Additional Informational Resources
A Message for the Business Community
Restaurants That Offer Delivery,
Curbside or Takeout