Do You Want To
- Learn about your community ?
- Sharpen your leadership skills ?
- Make lasting friendships ?
- Have fun ?
Then Leadership Rowlett Is for You!!!
Leadership Rowlett offers new learning opportunities in an atmosphere that stimulates participants to work together while developing personal, organizational and community leadership skills.
The curriculum combines lectures, dialogue and interaction. Subjects are designed to encompass leadership techniques and knowledge of the community.
Class sessions begin in September and meet at least once a month. Classes consist of overviews of city, county and school operations along with a visit to each. Sessions focus on major areas of community concern.
Leadership Rowlett exists to identify and motivate emerging community leaders. It strives to further develop their leadership potential by introducing them to service opportunities in the Rowlett Area.
Leadership Rowlett is an educational program with the following objectives:
- To inform participants about Rowlett's history, government, economy, social issues, needs, opportunities, and the existing processes for dealing with them.
- To introduce the participants to, and establish dialogue with, each other and current Rowlett leaders.
- To encourage participants to become actively involved in the growth and betterment of Rowlett.
Anyone living and/or working within the City of Rowlett is eligible. The make-up of each Leadership Class is carefully considered to ensure representation of a variety of professional, civic, and demographic backgrounds.
2016-2017 Leadership Class XXVI
Front Row: Angie Smith, Lakisha Culpepper, Ann Dotson, Elise Bowers, Dany Gomez
Second Row: Dema' Roach, Chuck Dumas, Brownie Sherrill, David Nabors, Frixmon Michael
Third Row: Paul Aguilar, Daniel Acevedi, Jeremy Morgan, Carol Prano (Alumni) Cheri Dickey
Back Row: Bryan Beckner, Bari Woolley (Alumni), Anthony Castiglione, Joey Brock