Do You Want To
- Learn about your community?
- Sharpen your leadership skills?
- Make lasting friendships?
- Have fun?
Then Leadership Rowlett Is for You!!!
Leadership Rowlett offers new learning opportunities in an atmosphere that stimulates participants to work together while developing personal, organizational and community leadership skills.
The curriculum combines lectures, dialogue and interaction. Subjects are designed to encompass leadership techniques and knowledge of the community.
Class sessions begin in September and meet at least once a month. The retreat, a two-day orientation in September, focuses on individual leadership styles and strengths. Beginning in October and ending in May, the class spends one day per month examining specific aspects of the community such as: education, area government, local business and economic development, health and human services, the criminal justice system, the arts, and non-profit organizations.
Leadership Rowlett exists to identify and motivate emerging community leaders. It strives to further develop their leadership potential by introducing them to service opportunities in the Rowlett Area. The insight participants gain as they explore the inner workings of the community form the foundation for long-term involvement in Rowlett in a variety of leadership roles.
Leadership Rowlett is an educational program with the following objectives:
- To inform participants about Rowlett's history, government, economy, social issues, needs, opportunities, and the existing processes for dealing with them.
- To introduce the participants to, and establish dialogue with, each other and current Rowlett leaders.
- To encourage participants to become actively involved in the growth and betterment of Rowlett.
Anyone living and/or working within the City of Rowlett is eligible. The make-up of each Leadership Class is carefully considered to ensure representation of a variety of professional, civic, and demographic backgrounds.
Candidates for Leadership Rowlett must have the time and desire to participate in the program. Successful completion of the program includes the following requirements:
- Mandatory attendance at the entire opening retreat. Dates TBD in September 2019
- Participants must not be absent for more than the equivalent of two full-day class sessions, defined as 16 hours. No exceptions will be considered. Time missed will be recorded in 1-hour increments.
- Attendance at the New Class Orientation (in September prior to the retreat), Opening Retreat ), the Annual Austin Trip (2 days in February 2020) and Graduation (May 2020) is essential to the experience of Leadership Rowlett. Attendance at these events is required for graduation from the program.
- Payment in full must be received prior to the retreat unless other arrangements have been made.
Download and Print the Application: Leadership Application for 2019
Participants may request a partial scholarship or payment plans based on financial need. A maximum of 3 participants may receive scholarships.
Download and Print The Scholarship Application: Leadership Rowlett Scholarship Application
Details for the 2019-2020
Class 29 schedule will be available soon!